Reception can provide information and guidance to carers. If you are a carer or a patient who has a carer please let us know.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parentWatch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling peopleCaring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a breakCaring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carersDo you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
· Benefits for the person you care for
Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
· Managing someone’s legal affairs
Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
· Personal and household finance
Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible
Contact Carers Direct
0808 802 0202
Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.
Online Enquiry Form